Hi, I’m Kay and I love sharing easy vegetarian recipes for busy moms.
I hope this website helps you grow and nourish your families with healthy vegetarian food. Like the seedling, each of us has so much potential. Whether you are wanting to cook healthier food for your family, learn how to save time in the kitchen, or wanting to save money by cooking more and eating out less, this site is for you.
No matter where you are starting, focus on surrounding yourself with sunlight and good nutrients, and work on growing a little bit every day.
- Ultimate Guide to Frozen Blueberries – How to Freeze and the Best Frozen Blueberry RecipesWhen blueberries go on sale, I love to stock up on them. The solution to eating them before they all go bad, though, is to create frozen blueberries – and tons of them! Freezing blueberries will preserve them for up to ten months, but they are best when eaten within the … Read more
- Blueberry Simple Syrup – Step by Step InstructionsWant to try blueberry syrup but never made syrup before? Try this blueberry simple syrup recipe – I’ll guide you step by step through the process. This syrup makes a great topping for waffles, pancakes, and french toast. My kids also love mixing it in their milk for a little variety. … Read more
- Frozen Blueberries and Orange Easy Greek YogurtWant something sweet and healthy for breakfast? Have too many frozen blueberries on hand? Try this fresh twist on normal Greek yogurt. I’ve included fresh blueberries in this recipe, but it works just as well with frozen blueberries straight from the freezer. Fair warning, even if your kids swear they don’t … Read more
- How to Freeze Carrots – Step by Step GuideAre you wondering how to freeze your extra carrots? In this guide, I’ll walk you through questions such as “do I really need to blanch my carrots before freezing?” and “what to do with leftover carrots?”. I’ll teach you how to freeze (both with and without blanching), help you choose which … Read more
- Adventures in Veggieland Cookbook – New Unbiased Review You Must ReadMy kids don’t eat enough veggies. I’m always on the search for more plant based recipes for kids that they will love. I tried this book to see if it could help my little ones fall in love with vegetables. The Adventures in Veggieland cookbook, by Melanie Potock, MA, CCC-SLP, was … Read more
- 3 Banza Mac and Cheese Flavors Tested By KidsMy kids love macaroni and cheese. Especially the stuff that comes in the blue box. However, as I try to find healthier alternatives, I found Banza Mac and Cheese and decided to test it out. We tested three different flavors and, I’ll be honest, the results surprised me. As an Amazon … Read more